Here is a quick overview, so you know what to expect when you apply for opportunities with PG&E.
Application & Interview Process
- Candidate submits an online application for an open position.
- Applications are reviewed to identify candidates who meet minimum requirements. Some positions require that candidates take and pass one or more pre-employment tests. Depending on which test(s) are required, assessments may be delivered online or in-person. For more information about the pre-employment testing process, how to request accommodations in testing under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and information about post-offer physical assessments, go to the Testing Program Website. Available preparation guides can be found here: Test Preparation Guides.
- The applications of top candidates are sent to managers for review.
- Candidates are potentially scheduled for interviews.
- Recruiters keep candidates updated throughout the interview process.
- The selected candidate receives a verbal offer.
- Once the position is closed, all other candidates receive an e-mail notification informing them that the opening has been filled.
- The selected candidate accepts the verbal offer.
- Candidate now has three days to complete a drug screen.
- Recruiter sends an offer letter, welcome e-mail, and background check information.
- Candidate completes background check forms.
- Once all background checks are completed and any discrepancies are cleared, new employee onboarding begins.
- New hire confirmation and I-9 employment eligibility verification form are sent, and new employee orientation is scheduled. The new employee has three days to complete the I-9 after start date.