Join us at PG&E for an exciting summer of challenging work and new friends. A summer internship with PG&E will give you real-world exposure to a dynamic and exciting business. Through a combination of opportunities including networking, executive speakers, volunteering and philanthropic adventures, innovation workshops, tours and a little fun we provide current students with an overview of the public utility experience.
Our summer internships are 10 + weeks and are available for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students. We offer a competitive salary, paid company holidays, supportive colleagues and the potential for a full-time position upon graduation.
Be ready to spend the summer at PG&E if you are:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university and plan to continue your education towards a degree after the summer internship.
- Someone with a strong work ethic and demonstrate initiative
- Someone who works well in a team environment
- Someone with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Actively involved in extracurricular activities on campus
- In good academic standing
- You must be a student returning to full-time study in the fall after your internship to be eligible for a summer internship.
- Engineering summer internships are generally filled in the fall of the year prior to the upcoming summer. This includes:
- Gas, Electric and IT Summer Internships
- General business summer internships are posted starting in January with hiring decisions to be made in February and March. This includes:
- Accounting, Finance, Customer Service, Policy, Regulatory Affairs, HR and all other general business categories.
Search for an Internship opening. To get started, please type “internship” in the keyword field on the Search Jobs box on this page or navigate to the job search page found here.
- If a position is posted that you wish to apply for:
- Click Apply and follow the procedures
- If no position is posted:
- Create a Talent Profile by clicking on “Login to your career profile” on the Career homepage.
- Click “Continue” when prompted
- Click “Register Here” when prompted
- Complete Talent Profile
- Create and save a search query with your key words that most appropriately reflect your summer internship interest. Be sure to include the word “internship” in your search string. Note: for a more comprehensive look at internships available as they are posted simply create a search string with the word “internship” only.
- After completing your profile and search string you will be notified when internships are posted.
- When a position is posted that interest you simply click “Apply” and follow the application procedure.