Hiring Hall Temporary Opportunities
The Hiring Hall Administration Team partners with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 and Engineers & Scientists of California (ESC) Local 20 to fill temporary jobs. If you are interested in joining PG&E on a temporary basis, please follow the process outlined below:
Most of the positions filled through the Hiring Hall require a pre-employment test and/or resume. If a pre-employment test is required, you may need to be qualified prior to signing up with the union (applies only to IBEW 1245).
If you have already successfully completed the pre-employment test(s) please proceed to step 2.
- ESC Local 20: Contact the Hiring Hall Administration Team at 925-459-7227 for further instructions on temporary technical job opportunities.
- IBEW Local 1245: Take your Test Qualification Letter to 30 Orange Tree Circle, Vacaville, CA 95687 to sign up for available temporary clerical or physical job opportunities.
- You can only sign up for one classification and location at a time. If you have additional questions, please contact the Hiring Hall Administration Team at 925-459-7226.
- If you are currently test qualified and do not have a copy of your Test Qualification Letter, please contact the Testing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- The Hiring Hall Administration Team cannot provide your placement status on the union’s list or tell you if you are close to being dispatched.
- Some positions commonly filled through the Hiring Hall process include the following:
Clerical Positions: Operating Clerk, Utility Machine Operator, Service Representative
Physical Positions: Utility Worker, Materials Handler, Lineman
Technical Positions: Mapping Technician, Field Engineer Technician, Engineering Estimator
- The CTB/MTB (Clerical/Meter Reader Test Battery), PTB (Physical Test Battery), IST (Industrial Skills Test), and WOI (Work Orientation Inventory) tests are now Internet-based. Candidates will only be invited to test when business needs arise. Some physical and technical classifications will require candidates to be qualified on the WOI test in addition to any other specified test(s).